This posts is part of a blog carnival over at WeAreThatFamily – check it out for more holiday tips.
After the days of Santa Claus were over, our family continued the tradition of stockings on Christmas morning. I just love the little trinkets, candy and stuff you get in a stocking. This idea could get the whole family involved with stuffing stockings – you set parameters like only homemade items, or a certain dollar amount, or, like my sis and I did one year accidentally, only things you can find at Wal-mart – which is about everything! The creativity is really fun!
Here it is:
- Agree that everyone participating in the stocking stuffing will give gifts within a certain parameter – such as under $10 or only homemade, etc.
- Everyone shops or prepares their gifts prior to Christmas Eve.
- Christmas Eve, just before everyone goes to bed, place everyone’s stocking in his/her own room, or other designated private place.
- Everyone rotates visiting the rooms and stuffing the stockings EXCEPT their own room and stocking.
- Once the rotation is complete and everyone has stuffed the stockings, take the last stocking you stuffed and put it in the designated stocking spot – under the tree, at the fireplace, kitchen table, etc.
- Everyone goes to bed! This way no one is tempted to peek at their own stocking and the surprise is kept till the morning.